About the Journal
FOCUS AND SCOPE
The YJMS is a peer-reviewed, open-access journal published once a year as a printed volume. However, all accepted manuscripts are published online as in-press articles after their acceptance. The YJMS welcomes articles that contribute to a wide spectrum coverage of scientific work including medical, dental, pharmaceutical, public health and other biomedical disciplines from all sources. Originality, high quality and significance of the scientific content are essentially considered.
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
Peer-review process is double-blind so that neither the reviewers know the names of authors nor the authors are aware of the names of their reviewers. Only the Editor-in-Chief, Associate Editors and Copy-editor are aware of the names of the authors and their affiliations before publication. The manuscripts are sent anonymously to the reviewers. Only the information related to the accepted articles are kept in hard/soft copy while other submissions are declined.
Journal items will be published collectively, as part of an issue with its own Table of Contents
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
YJMS makes all published articles accessible online upon publication, free of charge and without subscription or registration barriers.
The journal accepts the following sorts of manuscripts for publication:
Original article, Review article, Case series, Case report, Short communication.
The authorship criteria guidelines of our journal operate in accordance with the Editorial Policy Statement of the Council of Science Editors, 2012 (www.CounsilScienceEditors.org).
The YJMS complies with the recommendations of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) to promote the integrity of its published articles. The YJMS considers the following topics during the publishing process:
- Originality & source acknowledgement: The YJMS scans all submitted manuscripts before the peer reviewing process using Turnitin®. The YJMS is zero-tolerant to plagiarism, self-plagiarism, copyright infringement, dual publication, text recycling and salami slicing. When any of these is identified after publishing, an announcement of retraction of the published material is highlighted in the journal's website. The authors are asked for providing appropriate references for published/unpublished cited texts. The corresponding author should confirm that the submission has not been previously published and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Research misconduct: The YJMS editorial team struggles to counter any possibility for data fabrication, manipulation and falsification. In case of suspected misconduct, theYJMS editors act in accordance to the COPE guidelines with this respect.
- Authorship & acknowledgements: The YJMS asks the authors to provide their substantial contributions to the published work under the section of "Authors' contributions", which should be limited to those who have significantly contributed to the conception, design, performance, analysis as well as drafting and substantially revising the published article. The corresponding author is asked to provide the approval of the contributors on the final version of the manuscript. The contributions of those who do not qualify as authors should be listed in the section of "Acknowledgments" at the end of the manuscript after seeking their approval to be acknowledged.
- Conflicts of interest & financial funding: The YJMS asks the author(s) to provide a clear statement declaring any potential conflict of interests. Sources of funding should be listed and their role(s) should be clearly stated. Grant numbers should be provided, if applicable.
- Ethical clearance & informed consent: All manuscripts submitted to the YJMS should consider the ethical clearance of the study by an institutional ethics committee or review board. The authors are also asked to confirm obtaining informed consent from all study participants. For clinical trials involving human beings, the authors should confirm that the trials were conducted in accordance to the principles expressed in the WMA Declaration of Helsinki. Informed consent is also requested if the author(s) used patient image(s) and/or case details.
- Clinical trial registration: The YJMS asks the author(s) to provide the registration of their clinical trial(s) before publication in a suitable clinical trial registry such as ClinicalTrials or Primary Registries in the WHO Registry Network.
- Animal experiments: The YJMS asks the author(s) to provide details on animal welfare in experiments involving animals in the section of Methods, including the species, sex, age, weight, housing conditions, training of personnel, fate of animals, etc. Compliance with ARRIVE (Animal Research: Reporting of In Vivo Experiments) guidelines is encouraged.
Image manipulation: The YJMS asks for minimal processing of digital image(s) submitted with the manuscript. Image manipulation, slicing or other processes that change the details of the submitted images are not accepted.
Correction notices: If an error is detected in the published manuscript, the author can submit a proposed correction notice to the journal’s editor. The notice should indicate the full title of the journal, the year of publication, the volume no., issue no., and the page nos. of the article, the precise location of the error(s) (e.g. page, line, column, exact quotation of the error, or paraphrasing of lengthy errors).
The journal has no article processing and submission charges.
The journal is sponsored by University of Science and Technology.